So I know beef and mango might sound as good as kiwi and mushrooms or pork and chocolate. Trust me though, it goes so well together. This recipe is super simple and it is perfect for leftovers. I also diced up some jalapenos and sprinkled it on top. That’s just how I roll though. Anything that goes well with spice, I will be adding it. I think sour cream would be good too but since I’m trying to lose weight (sigh) then I skipped out on it. I know though by imagining it together it would taste well with it :).
Beef & Mango Tostadas
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 T Olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- Corn tortillas (makes about 10)
- In skillet, cook beef in olive oil until brown.
- Stir in beans and chili powder.
- In medium bowl, combing mango, bell pepper, scallions, and lime juice for salsa.
- In a dry skillet, toast tortillas over high until golden and crispy, about 2 minutes per side.
- Top with meat mixture and salsa. Option toppings: jalapenos, sour cream, cilantro.