I must say these are a new found love of mine, I will be definitely be making these within the next week or two again. I love how I can actually taste the honey in these. I’ve made some other ones where you couldn’t really tell honey was an ingredient used. These are pretty healthy overall, the dip is something of questioning because of the sour cream. One day I’ll substitute it with greek yogurt and see how it tastes. If anyone tries with yogurt please let me know! I don’t have much to say because I just got home from work and I’m trying to get this in before my little man wakes up so here’s the recipe :)…
Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Lime Cream
3 cups cooked, shredded chicken ( I used to 2 medium breasts)
2 T fresh lime juice
1/3 cup honey
1 T chili powder
1 t cumin
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t salt
1/2-1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (depends on how much cheese you want to put, I only put about 1/2 cup)
10 soft whole wheat flour tortillas (make sure it’s not enriched)
1 T olive oil
Cilantro Lime Cream:
1 cup light sour cream
1/3 cup green taco sauce (I bought the hot heat)
1 T fresh lime juice
1/2 t salt
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
1.Preheat oven to 350
2. In large bowl, combine all ingredients from chicken down to salt. Mix to coat.
3. Lay out tortillas and divide chicken evenly in middle. Place cheese on top and then roll each one.
4. Brush the flaps/ends with olive oil and place flaps down on pan sprayed with olive oil.
5. Bake 5 minutes, flip them over and bake for another 5 minutes. Make sure cheese is melted on inside.
6. In a food processor or blender combine all ingredients for cilantro lime cream and blend until smooth and place in bowl.