Who doesn’t just love Chinese food? What I don’t love is at least the 600 calorie, 500 mg sodium and all that msg (flavor enhancer) that has been linked with obesity that comes with it. One of my favorites to eat is Sesame chicken, omg I just love it. So when I’m feeling like eating bad and I mean really bad that day I’ll order up some Sesame chicken with white rice. It is so good while you eat it but towards the end the sick disgusting feeling comes over. You know the feeling! This recipe is super clean and yeah it has a little more sodium then I would like but hey that’s what you get for using soy sauce. I made this with cauliflower rice and I’m telling you if you haven’t tried it yet, you just have to! Brown rice just doesn’t taste as good to me. White rice is just so good but with the cauliflower rice it tricks your brain. Honestly, I would pick cauliflower rice over brown rice any day. Plus you can eat as much cauliflower rice you want and it’ll be good for you.
Cashew Orange Chicken
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 T honey
- 3 T reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 1 T sriracha or chili sauce (Put a teaspoon if you can’t handle a lot of spice)
- 1 T orange zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 t ginger
- 1 T water
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup green onions
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook till cooked through.
- Add all the other ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Pour into pan, until it thickens (1-2 minutes).
- Remove from heat and garnish with green onions and place on top of cauliflower rice.