These bars are super quick and easy to make, they taste similar to no bake cookies. I like this version better because it contains no butter or white sugar. Although I’m sure these have a good amount of calories it’s nice to know that you and whoever you feed is eating all natural unrefined ingredients. I took these to a playgroup this morning on a whim and everybody loved them. It seriously is so easy and quick to make that it takes about 3 minutes to put everything together and then about 20 minutes or so to harden. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did :)!
Chocolate Oatmeal No-Bake Bars (www.moneysavingmom.com)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (or sweetened)
- 1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
- Melt the peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil over medium-low heat in a saucepan on the stove. It happens pretty fast so keep your eye on it.
- Remove from heat once it’s melted together and add in the oats, shredded coconut, chocolate chips, and vanilla. Stir together until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour into a 8×8 pan or if you want thinner bars you can use a 9×13 and place in freezer.
- When mixture is hardened cut into bars and eat. Store in the fridge or freezer.