So these are bomb, maybe I say that about all my recipes but I’m telling you the truth. I took these to a friend’s birthday party and these went like hot cakes. These are sooo not healthy but hey we are allowed to indulge sometimes! Actually the healthier I eat the more aware I become of ingredients. I cringe when I see 1 cup of butter and 1 cup of sugar but then I make myself forget what’s in it while I eat it.
The original recipe called for heath bars but my little store here where I live didn’t have it. That’s where the butterfinger comes in and I was not disappointed. I’m sure you could probably use any kind of candy but the heath and butterfinger have the crunch to it so it probably works best. These are perfect to take somewhere so you can have one or two pieces and then let everyone else eat them :D.
Butterfinger Crunch Cookie Bars
(adapted from www.sweettoothsweetlife.com)
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 butterfingers or if using heath bars 1-1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl whisk together the flour and baking soda. In a large bowl combine butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and butterfinger/heath bits.
- If using Butterfingers place bars in plastic bag and smash with cup or weapon of choice to little bite size pieces. If using heath bar bits just by the bag that’s already in pieces and make life easier,
- Spray a 9×13 pan and spread dough in pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, they will still be soft in the center. Let them cool completely and then cut into them.
As always, if you try them please let me know what the outcome was!