These little gems were the first Paleo dessert I ever made almost 8 months ago and now are one of our faves! I saw the recipe on the http://www.unrefinedkitchen.com blog, I love her website. She was my go to for Paleo recipes for a while. I love Paleo desserts because they use quality ingredients as opposed to white sugar, white flour, etc. Some desserts are still a calorie nightmare depending on what you use but I believe overall it still is healthier for you. You will make these again and again even non paleo friends love them! It’s a little time consuming to make these since you have to return them to the freezer multiply times but I just make them while I am doing other things and you don’t even notice the simple process!
Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bites (Paleo)
1 cup almond butter
1/4 cup honey
2/3 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/2 t sea salt
1 t vanilla (or 2 if not using almond extract)
1 t almond extract
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
1 cup dark chocolate chips for melting
1 t coconut oil
1. Combine almond butter, honey, coconut, salt, vanilla and 1/3 cup chocolate chips in a bowl and mix well.
2. Put bowl in freezer until dough is easier to roll into balls (you don’t want it sticky).
3. Roll dough into balls (however big or small you like, I do 1-2 in balls). Place on a wax paper lined plate or cooking tray and place back in freezer.
4. Melt dark chocolate chips in coconut oil in the microwave. It takes about a minute or so, just keep stirring it when you check on it.
5. Dip balls into chocolate and place back on wax paper and then return to freezer again till hardened.
6. Leave me a comment if you try them and tell me what you think!