So I absolutely loved this dish! I’m a huge fan of having nuts in dinner meals and I’m also a huge fan of cilantro. The cilantro you can put as little or as much as you want, so even if you aren’t a cilantro lover but like the curry flavor you’ll still enjoy the meal.
COCONUT CASHEW CHICKEN
2 skinless chicken breasts cut into squares
2 T olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
1 medium tomato chopped
4 garlic cloves minced
1 inch piece of ginger root
1 t garam masala
1 t curry
8 ounces whole coconut milk
1/2 cup cashews*
2 handfuls of cilantro*
*Less if you aren’t a huge fan of either cashews or cilantro
1. Cook chicken in a small sauce pan
2. Meanwhile, in a different pan heat oil and add onion/tomato. Cook until onions are translucent.
3. Stir in ginger and garlic and cook for another minute.
4. Add garam masala and curry powder then simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let cool, pour into blender and puree
6.Return mixture to skillet and add coconut milk. Simmer over low
heat, stirring constantly for 10 minutes.
1/2-1 head of cauliflower (depends on how much “rice” you want)
1. Cut from stem and place in food processor.
2. Pulse until rice like.
3. Place in microwave for about 3 minutes.
*Side note: If you haven’t tried cauliflower rice, try it! It tricks your brain into thinking your eating rice without the calories of actually eating it.