This is the healthiest dessert you can ever make. Condensed milk is full of vital nutrients and antioxidants. Ahhhh I wish I could say that! This dessert is horrible, absolutely horrible. Make it anyway🙂 just share!
3 Ingredient Quick Fudge
1 lb semi-sweet chocolate chip
14 oz condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Throw the chips and milk in a bowl on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the vanilla and mix together.
Pour into a container and and place in freezer for at least a hour.
Voila and enjoy this rich easy peezy dessert.
So I know beef and mango might sound as good as kiwi and mushrooms or pork and chocolate. Trust me though, it goes so well together. This recipe is super simple and it is perfect for leftovers. I also diced up some jalapenos and sprinkled it on top. That’s just how I roll though. Anything that goes well with spice, I will be adding it. I think sour cream would be good too but since I’m trying to lose weight (sigh) then I skipped out on it. I know though by imagining it together it would taste well with it🙂.
Beef & Mango Tostadas
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 T Olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- Corn tortillas (makes about 10)
- In skillet, cook beef in olive oil until brown.
- Stir in beans and chili powder.
- In medium bowl, combing mango, bell pepper, scallions, and lime juice for salsa.
- In a dry skillet, toast tortillas over high until golden and crispy, about 2 minutes per side.
- Top with meat mixture and salsa. Option toppings: jalapenos, sour cream, cilantro.
I always strive to find recipes that use natural ingredients and taste good. Sometimes it’s definitely more of a miss than a hit. In this case though, it is a hit! The original recipe from six sister’s stuff calls for 3 ingredients, yes only 3. It was good with just the three but I wanted to personalize it a little bit more. I love how I always want simple recipes then when I have one and I make it more difficult. So feel free to try the original recipe because it is definitely good and so simple. If you want to change it up then try mine! For those of you who think my cookie looks like a turd or dog vomit, just try it! You’ll love it! Don’t let my poor photography skills get in the way of your healthy sweet tooth🙂.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Mash bananas and add all other ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
*Side note-They bake better on stoneware then a regular pan but either will work.
*Original recipe is 2 bananas, 1 cup oatmeal, and 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips. Same directions.
Is it just me or should raspberry be spelled rasberry? Or maybe I just say it wrong but I’ve never heard it pronounced with a p.
This is not your typical dessert, which makes it fun! I’m very much a sweet girl, I love my chocolate and decadence. This is more of a interesting combination of flavors and perfect for something different. The lemon with raspberries and goat cheese just make a marvelous flavor. Don’t be scared by the goat cheese, I think it really gives it a kick. You can of course, use all cream cheese and I’m sure it will still taste great. You can’t really go wrong with cream cheese.
We had a bbq yesterday evening which is why I made them. I typically try and make not so healthy food when people are over that way I don’t get stuck with the temptation of eating it all. Everybody loved them and some gladly took some home with them! This recipe is a little time consuming so you definitely don’t want to make it if you’re in a rush. It’s not hard, just takes time to put in oven and cook the shortbread then in the oven again to cook the custard of course time to cool. So make this when you have an evening event or the day before. It tastes just as good as the first day.
Fresh Raspberry Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temp
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 cups white flour
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam or preserves
- 2 cups (1 pint) fresh raspberries
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz goat cheese or 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 T white flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 T lemon zest
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13×9 baking pan with foil and brush bottom and sides with butter or spray with oil so bars don’t stick.
- In a large bowl, beat butter on medium to high speed to blend and soften (about 30 sec)
- Add brown sugar and salt, beat on low speed until mixed. Add 2 cups flour, beat on low speed until mixed. Increase speed to medium until it forms a cohesive dough.
- Place dough in pan and push into an even layer. Bake 20 minutes or until dough has began to puff and is just set.
- Spread jam and then raspberries evenly over crust.
- In large bowl, beat cream and goat cheese on medium to high for 30 seconds. Mix in sugar and 1 T flour until blended. Add eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Pour custard over raspberries and distribute evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool and then cut into bars. You can sprinkle powdered sugar over top for an even more interesting look.
I must say these are a new found love of mine, I will be definitely be making these within the next week or two again. I love how I can actually taste the honey in these. I’ve made some other ones where you couldn’t really tell honey was an ingredient used. These are pretty healthy overall, the dip is something of questioning because of the sour cream. One day I’ll substitute it with greek yogurt and see how it tastes. If anyone tries with yogurt please let me know! I don’t have much to say because I just got home from work and I’m trying to get this in before my little man wakes up so here’s the recipe :)…
Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Lime Cream
3 cups cooked, shredded chicken ( I used to 2 medium breasts)
2 T fresh lime juice
1/3 cup honey
1 T chili powder
1 t cumin
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t salt
1/2-1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (depends on how much cheese you want to put, I only put about 1/2 cup)
10 soft whole wheat flour tortillas (make sure it’s not enriched)
1 T olive oil
Cilantro Lime Cream:
1 cup light sour cream
1/3 cup green taco sauce (I bought the hot heat)
1 T fresh lime juice
1/2 t salt
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
1.Preheat oven to 350
2. In large bowl, combine all ingredients from chicken down to salt. Mix to coat.
3. Lay out tortillas and divide chicken evenly in middle. Place cheese on top and then roll each one.
4. Brush the flaps/ends with olive oil and place flaps down on pan sprayed with olive oil.
5. Bake 5 minutes, flip them over and bake for another 5 minutes. Make sure cheese is melted on inside.
6. In a food processor or blender combine all ingredients for cilantro lime cream and blend until smooth and place in bowl.
Colorado weather is super crazy and I’m so tired of it. It snowed on Mother’s day. It’s been snowing off and on since and yesterday (May 17th) we were finally seeming glimpses of sun and warm weather. My mom and I were out shopping and feeling the mood of the weather decided to grill for dinner with the family. We went and bought brats and hamburgers and stuff to make this salad. I haven’t had it before but my mom has been making it for a while now. Even though the weather of course took a nose dive when it started raining and become cold outside the meal still turned out great and we all had a good time.
Now to focus on the salad, if you don’t care for cilantro you might not want to make this. We do put more than what it calls for so maybe a Tablespoon to you weirdo people who don’t like Cilantro it won’t be that bad. The jicama gives it a good crunchy texture while the bell peppers and cilantro give it really good flavor.
Fiesta Fresh Mango Salad
- Lightly stir all ingredients in a medium bowl. Salad may be served immediately or covered and refrigerated for several hours.
**This recipe is very versatile and you can add more or less of what you like. Just play around with it. We use way more cilantro and bell peppers then what it calls for so just put what suites your taste buds!
I cannot take the credit for making this delicious dish…but I can proudly say that I did help myself to seconds🙂. My mom actually made this and she got it from a cookbook called Eat More of What You Love. That title says it all really, why wouldn’t this be the best cookbook ever?? Just kidding, I know there’s a lot of reasons why it wouldn’t be. There’s not much to say about it besides you better make it! I promise you’ll love it.
Sticky Lemon Chicken
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup granulated no-calorie sweetener (white sugar)
1 T honey
1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 T soy sauce (liquid aminos)
1/2 t grated ginger
1 T cornstarch
8 boneless thighs
2 T all purpose flour
2 t canola oil (coconut oil)
1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
3 sliced green onions
1. To make sauce, whisk together the first 7 ingredients in a small saucepan. Place pan over low heat and simmer until clear and slightly thickened. Remove and set aside.
2. Place chicken and flour in bag and shake to coat.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until well browned on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
4. Reduce heat to medium low. Sprinkle most of the green onions (save some for garnish) over the chicken. Add the sauce and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until the chicken is just about cooked through and the sauce has thickened. Add the lemon slices to the sauce and cook for 2 more minutes. Sprinkle with remaining green onions and garnish with additional fresh lemon slices, if desired.
**Highlighted green in ingredients is what we used but you can choose to use what it originally called for.